- NewsBank (1352)
- Playcentre divided over vote
A 91.75% majority vote to change Playcentre Aotearoa’s constitution has been overruled by some of the organisation’s roopu (governance bodies), Playcentre insiders have revealed.
- Biggest field yet for schools’ triathlon
This year’s Clutha primary and intermediate schools’ triathlon was the biggest so far, organisers say, after 270 participants from 18 schools gathered at Balclutha’s Centennial Park on Tuesday last week.
- Spoiled for choice for wedding venues
Supporting local is always a great way to keep a community thriving, but when it comes to a wedding, you may think your options are limited.
- Fishing season a chance to catch a meal, chill out
Cash-strapped anglers are encouraged to fish locally as the 2022-23 freshwater sports-fishing season opens on Saturday.
- Pupils lead Clydevale clean-up
The Clutha Valley Primary School community set out for a spring clean last Tuesday when volunteers joined forces to rid local roads of rubbish.
- Fun and games for seniors
The spirit of friendly competition was evident at a seniors’ indoor tournament in Clinton on Wednesday last week.
- Plaque marks end of tomb restoration
A descendant of Lawrence’s Gold Rush Chinese community has put the finishing touches on a landmark tomb in the town.
- Our economy and the case for optimism
When we look around the world, there is no doubt that things are getting gloomier.
- Darts hitting target as popular pastime
An upsurge in the popularity of darts has caused a sudden blossoming for the South Otago Darts Association.
- Revamped Owaka pool opens early for holidays
The committee of the Owaka Swimming Baths has announced the opening of the 2022-23 pool season ‘‘sooner than expected’’, following a $650,000 upgrade.
- Indoor bowls association holds prizegiving
South Otago Indoor Bowls Association (SOIBA) president David Fenton (centre) poses with Stephen Preddy and Alanna Moffit, who both won bars to their gold star, signifying 10 titles each....
- Electric heating offers many tools to make your home comfy efficiently
Winter is around the corner and heating your home efficiently can be a concern....
- Fresh look to sides for new season Rugby
Scarves are being dusted off and the season’s nearly here. In the first of three weekly previews, rugby correspondent Francis Parker casts his eye over the form and makes some predictions for the coming Southern Region competition. This week: Owaka, Clinton and West Taieri....
- Bandits ahead after win over Comets
The Owaka Bandits are now outright leaders of the South Otago 40-over competition....