- NewsBank (1197)
- Doing my bit to boost ‘Planet’ coverage
New Zealand’s borders are finally open to all tourists and, as of this week, there is no longer a need for a pre-departure Covid-19 test before heading here.
- Happy to wear this particular mask
We have all been used to wearing masks but Jeff Rea will be wearing an extra special mask next month.
- Support given in many different ways
Kindness through serving — the Milton Lions are all about it.
- Two Lions recognised for outstanding service
Lions Clubs were introduced to New Zealand in 1955 when the first club was established in Auckland.
- Harassment of staff a ‘significant concern’
A marked increase in patient impatience has led to an appeal from a local health provider.
- Ongoing battle against vandalism
Milton Bruce ward councillor Selwyn Wilkinson is cleaning contractor for Milton’s Union St, Taylor Park and Moore Park public toilets which require six cleanings altogether, seven days a week.
- Lions love what they do — serving others
‘‘We’re not just an old white man’s club.’’
- Pupils mount exhibition
It is not just a holiday — it is a celebration.
- Battle against vandalism
Clutha convenience-cleaning contractors continue combating vandalism even as new destination toilets and main-street upgrades appear throughout the district.
- Tougher rules a possibility: DairyNZ
Regional councils can introduce tougher winter grazing rules than those about to be brought in by the Government, DairyNZ has warned.
- Police make plea over family violence
Police are requesting information from witnesses after two girls were assaulted on Monday....
- Swap Shop marks 10th anniversary
The Owaka Swap Shop will hit a big milestone later this month when it celebrates its 10th anniversary....
- All ages celebrate the joy of reading
Readers were winners as Clutha District Library and Rotary Club sponsors presented their Summer Reading Challenge prizes on Saturday....
- Indoor bowls association holds prizegiving
South Otago Indoor Bowls Association (SOIBA) president David Fenton (centre) poses with Stephen Preddy and Alanna Moffit, who both won bars to their gold star, signifying 10 titles each....
- Fresh look to sides for new season Rugby
Scarves are being dusted off and the season’s nearly here. In the first of three weekly previews, rugby correspondent Francis Parker casts his eye over the form and makes some predictions for the coming Southern Region competition. This week: Owaka, Clinton and West Taieri....
- Rally sprints big on thrills, enjoyment
Last weekend’s double helping of rally sprints for motor sports enthusiasts in the South Otago district delivered two days of action and adventure all wrapped up in variable weather conditions that tested drivers and spectators....
- Electric heating offers many tools to make your home comfy efficiently
Winter is around the corner and heating your home efficiently can be a concern....