Vol. 45 Nbr. 1, January 2020
> SIGN UP FREE
- Pacific futures: James Kember reports on the NZIIA's recent conference in Auckland.
- The need to keep questioning: Aupito William Sio comments on youth, media and new opportunities in relation to Pacific peoples.
- Pacific resets: Gerald McGhie puts New Zealand's current policy in its historical context and suggests ways of improving co-ordination with the islands' countries.
- Thinking the unthinkable: Hugh White suggests that the rise of China is fundamentally changing the strategic outlook in the western Pacific and undermining assumptions that have underpinned Australian defence thinking.
- Are we really aiding Gaza? Marilyn Garson discusses the effect of donor states' actions upon Palestinian lives in the blockaded strip.
- Geoffrey Cox--New Zealand diplomat: Ken Ross reflects on the brief diplomatic career of one of New Zealand's most distinguished expatriates.
- New Zealand's membership of the League of Nations--independence or something else? Malcolm McKinnon notes the centenary of New Zealand joining the first world security organisation.
- SMALL STATES AND THE CHANGING GLOBAL ORDER: New Zealand Faces the Future.
- RESHAPING THE CHINESE MILITARY: The PLA's Roles and Missions in the Xi Jinping Era.
- NEW ZEALAND MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS AND TRADE: An Eye, an Ear and a Voice: New Zealand's Changing Place in the World, Proceedings of the 75th Anniversary Conference.
- NZIIA Publications.
- National Office and branch activities.
- Dr John Trolove Henderson: 3 February 1946-30 September 2019.
- Stuart William McMillan MBE: 7 March 1933-24 October 2019.