- Sage Publications, Inc.
- Owner leaving region over sign stoush
THE owner of a large unconsented sign which drew the ire of a neighbour says he is leaving the region over the ensuing fallout.
- Christmas at the Races all set
ORGANISERS of the Christmas at the Races in Invercargill are looking to introduce vaccine passports for this year’s event.
- Rankleburn Rally set to ramp up again
THE 2021 edition of the Rankleburn Rally will take place in the Rankleburn Forest in West Otago on Saturday, November 20.
- Autocross hones new drivers’ skills
THE Eastern Southland Car Club will hold another of its popular Ladies and Under 18 Youth Promotions on November 13, at 292 Paterson Rd, Waimumu.
- Southern Blast trials this weekend
THE quest to earn a spot in the Southern Blast netball team gets under way this weekend.
- Super solo effort produces stage win
CANTABRIAN Campbell Pithie produced one of the SBS Bank Tour of Southland’s best solo victories in recent memory to take out stage three into Te Anau on Tuesday.
- New build recognises history
A KARAKIA and blessing began the official opening of AWS Legal’s new Invercargill building on Monday.
- Stags impress in first win
IF Northland upsets Bay of Plenty then the Southland Stags will need to beat Taranaki in their final round robin game on Sunday.
- Murihiku — our story
If you are of the older generation, then DDT will be a familiar sequence of letters.
- Top bowls player to hold coaching clinic
BOWLS Southland has a busy few days coming up with a coaching clinic for year 1-5 bowlers tomorrow and a Charity Pairs tournament from tomorrow until Sunday.
- City records best air quality
INVERCARGILL and Gore have recorded the best air quality results since monitoring began....
- Govt’s M. bovis response criticised
SIGNIFICANT and lasting trauma was inflicted on Mycoplasma bovis-affected farmers due to the Government’s poorly managed response to the disease outbreak, a University of Otago study has found....
- Clark willing to ‘carry us through’ Invercargill’s polarising deputy mayor says he would put his hand up to fill in as interim mayor if Sir Tim Shadbolt does not make it through this term. Nobby Clark opens up to Local Democracy Reporting’s Matthew Rosenberg about strained relationships at council, lessons learned through Buddhism and how his star sign affects his relationships.
It’s no coincidence there are masks hanging on Nobby Clark’s wall....
- ‘I felt unheard and unseen’
A SOUTHLAND woman feels she has been let down by the mental health system....
- Memories of Vietnam, 50 years on
THE realisation it had been 50 years since Ian Beker returned from serving in Vietnam brought mixed feelings....
- Plate prowess leads to top honours
SOFTBALL New Zealand umpire Jill Farquhar really knocked one out of the park when she achieved her Level 6 National Umpire accreditation....
- Fears dumpsite could harm dolphins
A DOLPHIN specialist who actively monitors Colac Bay’s Hector’s population is worried deadly toxins are only a couple of storms away from spilling out into the ocean, with potentially disastrous consequences for the mammals....
- Green hydrogen proves hard to ship The idea of building ‘‘the world’s biggest green hydrogen plant’’ in the south has been welcomed by most. But making the new wonder fuel so far from potential markets creates a shipload of challenges. Mark Price reports.
ALL you need to make hydrogen in your kitchen is a 9-volt battery, water and a couple of paper clips....
- Tourism operators ‘disheartened’
A BOLD plan to manage the number of tourists visiting Milford Sound has been criticised by Queenstown tourism operators, the cruise ship industry, and fixed-wing operators....
- Artist’s landscape legacy in south Landscape artist Jonathan White, of Whakatane, had hoped to attend his latest exhibition Our Landscape: through the brush of Jonathan R. White MNZM, featuring a series of 19 stunning landscapes at Invercargill’s He Waka Tuia Art + Museum. Unfortunately, he died on July 17 at the age of 82. Invercargill City Council museum and heritage services manager Wayne Marriott pays tribute to the celebrated artist.